Living Our Values
As we begin the 2017-18 church year, we are doing a series of worship services based on our AFFIRMATION OF VALUES. Following are videos that were produced for each of the values.
Homecoming Sunday, Sep. 10
We will be present to one another and our neighbors in our personal relationships and by creating venues for engagement where we can learn about viewpoints different from our own.
Members of our community identified these ways that they are living this value:
- Listen more, speak less.
- Greet grocery clerks with a smile and greeting.
- Call and leave song messages for friends having a hard time.
- Come together and become involved in more options and opportunities for our homeless communities. There isn’t even enough room in the shelters, let alone clean of bugs and mental health.
- We will open up our home and invite a couple other couples at SFBC that we recently learned live near us.
- I will attend the Oct. 18 “Love at the Crossroads” conference at Mt. Zion Baptist Church.
- Resist judgment. Embrace loving kindness.
- Move out of our “comfort zone” to be present to visitors.
- Engage staff at grocery store and take time to chat. The grocery store is a real community center.
- Participate in neighborhood gatherings.
- Remember that the extraordinary mystery is bigger from any point of view.
- Seek our volunteer opportunities in your neighborhood.
- Realizing that we can reach out to neighbors who need nothing more than good news.
- I am now able to not talk when it would be better to keep my mouth shut.